Smer 1/48 Fiat CR 32 (Read 3513 times)
sfcmac
Stellar Member

Hey baby! Wanna see my
tail wheel?
League City Texas
Smer 1/48 Fiat CR 32
06/28/11 at 05:14:23

Finally found the time to finish this thing.  I have either been at work or spending time with the family since my #2 boy got back from USMC boot camp.
Shane in Uniform.
I know Marines but whats a fellow to do? I was his age once.
The old man can still take him though.
Anyways  here is what I started with a $8 model with some really simple flashy parts.
Cleaned them up did the usual scatch building using PE and home made resin molds. Made my own decals to match up with the Classic Airframes kit I can't find.  Hollowed out the exhaust and opened the vents.  Detailed what I could using photos of the actual aircraft. Usual stuff.
Ended up with this.
PITA fit issues let me tell you. Just about remade the works.
Really a neat looking but small aircraft.  Goes well with the early Fiat G-50
Still got a Fiat Cr 42 to finish and want to get  a 1/48 BR 20 bomber going for the BOB GB.  Just doesn't seem to be enough of me to go around lately.   At least I'm not bored eh? Grin

Aaron McNeal
I have been up all night having fun!
sfcmac65  
IP Logged

killsnapz
Stellar Member

Take off you hoser!
Norwalk Ct
Re: Smer 1/48 Fiat CR 32
Reply #1 - 06/28/11 at 05:21:14

Hey Sarge you old dog! Glad to se you still building. Keep posting updates or I'll sick Sean on you agian! Cheesy
I love the little Cr 32. I had the nice Classic Airframes boxing of it but it went over to the other side of the pond about a year ago to a handsome bloke you know and love and has yet to make an apperance. The Cr 42 should make for a nice stablemate to the Cr 32 and yes I fully expect to see you report for futy over at the BoB GB with that Br 20 my freind! Don't male me come down to Texas right now it's to bloody hot this time of year! Grin

Marines! What's with that boy! I bet you have to lie to all of your old Army buddies and tell them he is in cosmotology school just so they don't give you a hard time! Grin

...  ...
killsnapz killsnapz420  
IP Logged

razordws
Stellar Member

Vernon, BC
Reply #2 - 06/28/11 at 06:50:46

With your reputation preceding him I can understand why he wouldn't choose Army!   Wink Grin

Great to see that you are still building Sarge.  Never heard of that kit manufacturer but it looks like you made something nice out of a piece of turd as per usual.   Cool

Looking forward to the Br. 20.  Sean needs some pointers on scratchbuilding for his 1/72 scale build of the same subject.    Smiley

Dave

...      ...

IP Logged

John E
Global Moderator

Who, me?
Northern California
Reply #3 - 06/28/11 at 08:59:15

Good to hear from you, Sarge!  Way to go, Sarge's kid!  Ooooorah, ain't that the word?

John
IP Logged

Summit
Stellar Member

Yippee-Ki-Yi-Yay
Inland Northeast WA
Reply #4 - 06/28/11 at 16:49:01

The Marines stole the "Girl Winning Smile " your boy had.   Huh
Where did you find that CR 32 ? You been in my stash again ?  I always like the way you can take a real basic kit and give it the "Wow Factor"

I have a old "Artiplast" CR 42 I have been wanting to do the same thing to. I plan on building it alongside my "Italeri" kit of the same.

Great to see you back on the forum - we have missed you. Enjoy the time with your son  Smiley

Sean

IP Logged

Spads57

"What Me Worry"
Deep South
Reply #5 - 08/06/11 at 15:59:04

Aaron,
Great job on your CR.32 my friend.Love seeing these old kits being built up.
Regards,
Gregory Jouette

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print