Send Topic Print
1/24 UH-1B (Read 2662 times)
zook
Stellar Member

model building ___ resistance
is futile

1/24 UH-1B
12/01/10 at 03:32:15

ok got this old bird finaly finished .... had to repaint it ( brushpainted ) and add decals now that i got another bird in same scale that shows where they weapons went .. the kit i started way back many moons ago was the revel/germany heliswiss rescue chopper but it came with weapons like the recently released kit did ( proply the newer one is a repop ) anyways on to the pics
parts are of the new one since i had this one started and mostly assembled
the newew kit box
interior
redy for decals

IP Logged

zook
Stellar Member

is futile

Re: 1/24 UH-1B
Reply #1 - 12/01/10 at 03:38:40

finished shots
one shot to show how big this bird is ..... yes thats a 12 inch ruler lol
now to get a army truck or a time period truck in same scale and some figures ... ive got another set of weapons for this bird off the newer kit ... might even have some other 1/25 weapons/missles from other planes i can use for cargo in the truck in a dio

IP Logged

Dave The Chef
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/01/10 at 10:40:08

Nice solid, clean build Zook  Cool If you make a dio are you going to weather it?

IP Logged

Bommadeur
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/01/10 at 11:49:37

I saw Tamiys has an old command track that has figures where a pilot is holding a brief with a commander, the figures look as if they say "the VC is over in that mountains" It might be only in 1:35 but a dio like that will be nice?

IP Logged

zook
Stellar Member

is futile

Reply #4 - 12/01/10 at 15:35:39

Quote:
Nice solid, clean build Zook  Cool If you make a dio are you going to weather it?

. i realy havnt tried weathering my kits .... only one i did was  a amt klingon bird of prey and that was a lil overdone but looks good on it tho as its real dirty .. i only used an acrylic black craft paint thinned down like water and just brushed it on ... didnt look like i had put any on so i kept applying it till i could see it ... when it dried it realy stood out and was darker and more than i wanted but looked good for this kit
heres a pic of it
light was a lil bright to realy see the weathering good .. ill get some better pics now that i got better lighting over bench

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print